Around the G-League 2/6

By DJ Harding

Capital City Go-Go 126 – Fort Wayne Mad Ants 123 

The Go-Go would travel to Fort Wayne to take on the Mad Ants in what was a close matchup through and through. After the first quarter, the Go-Go were leading 31-30, which was then followed by the Mad Ants taking a 6 point lead going to halftime. Capital City would have a bounce back in the 3rd quarter and gain a 3 point lead heading into the 4th quarter. The 4th quarter would see the momentum from the 3rd spill over into the 4th for Capital City going up 10 points with 7 minutes left. Fort Wayne wasn’t out of it fighting all the way back and tying the game at 123 with 20 seconds left. With 2 seconds left, Davion Mintz would hit a game, winning 3 to send Capital City out of Fort Wayne victorious. Mintz would have 19 points on the day, while the Go-Go’s leading scorer was Jules Bernard with 29 points. Justin Anderson would score 26 points leading the Mad Ants. Capital City returned to action on the 10th versus the Wisconsin Herd.

Westchester Knicks 112 – College Park Skyhawks 126

The Knicks traveled into College Park to take on the Skyhawks. This matchup had a close first quarter with the Skyhawks holding a narrow 1 point lead with the score being 33-32. The Skyhawks would then begin to pull away, outshooting the Knicks in the second quarter, 35-25, extending their lead from 1 to 11 going into halftime. Unfortunately for the Knicks, the third quarter was more of the same as the Skyhawks would outscore the Knicks for the third straight quarter as the Skyhawks lead would grow from 11 to 19. The Knicks would outscore College Park in the fourth, but it was too little too late as College Park would beat Westchester 126-112. College Park would be led by Giorgi Bezhanishvili, who scored 30. For Westchester, DaQuan Jeffries would score 24 points. Both teams will return to action on Thursday, February 8th, when they face each other again.

Maine Celtics 115 – Raptors 905 112

The Maine Celtics would travel across the border into Canada to take on the Raptors 905. The first quarter would see a close quarter that ended in the 905, obtaining a 27-22 lead. But then the Celtics would have a huge second quarter outscoring the Raptors 39-26 changing the tide of the game from being down 5 after the first to up 8 going into halftime. The Raptors would return the favor outscoring the Celtics by 8 in the third tie the game up going into the 4th quarter. Both teams would trade buckets with the Raptors going up 103-99 with 5 minutes left before the Celtics would go on a 9-0 run to take a 108-103 lead with 2 minutes left. Maine would hit free throws down the stretch to seal the win 115-112. For the Maine Celtics Marial, Shayok would lead his team and all scorers with 27 points. Dalano Blanton would score 22 points, which was a team high for the 905. Both teams will play each other again on Thursday, February 8th.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s