Worcester Red Sox, Friday night will host the Syracuse Mets for game four of their final six-game homestand of the 2022 season at 6:45 pm. Friday night is also the final Friday UniBank Fireworks of the 2022 season.
Before Friday night’s game, Jarren Duran and Jeter Downs from 5:00 – 5:45 p.m will be in the Sherwood’s Diner on Summit Street behind the Polar Park outfield to meet fans and sign autographs.
Boston Red Sox right-handed pitcher Nathan Eovaldi will be Worcester’s starting pitcher against the Syracuse Mets Friday night. Eovaldi was most recently placed on the Red Sox 15-Day Injured List on August 22 (retro to August 19) with right shoulder inflammation. Eovaldi, 32, is 5-3 with a 4.15 ERA in 18 starts for the Red Sox this season – 99.2 IP, 108 H, 53 R, 46 ER, 18 BB, 96 SO. His last start for Boston came on August 12 vs. the Yankees when he went 6 strong innings allowing 2 runs in a game the Red Sox won in 10-innings, 3-2. Nate pitched a 4-inning, 65-pitch simulated game at Fenway Park last Sunday and hopes to make two more starts for the Red Sox in Boston next week and the week after.
In addition to sending Eovaldi to Worcester on injury rehab assignment, the Red Sox today also transferred INF Hudson Potts and OF Izzy Wilson from Double-A Portland to Worcester.
WooSox “Fan Appreciation Week/Weekend” from tonight through Sunday afternoon vs. the Syracuse Mets include:
Friday Night “UniBank Fireworks”, 6:45 p.m. tonight
– In special pre-game ceremonies, the WooSox will “Pass the Puck” to their neighbors in sports as we wish the Worcester Railers the best for their 2022-2023 hockey season.
– Post-game “UniBank Fireworks” set to a Hollywood music medley featuring favorite movie themes.
Saturday at the Park, 4:05 p.m.
– Pre-game from 2:00 – 2:45 p.m. it will be “On-Field Photo Day” as fans will be invited on the warning track to take selfies with their favorite WooSox players as they circle the outfield grass.
– Saturday post-game is another popular “Sunset Catch” on the field for all fans presented by Dunkin’.
Fallon Health Family Funday Sunday, 1:05 p.m.
– The WooSox home finale, presented by Bank of America. Fans will receive a 2022 WooSox Team Photo as they enter the park and from 11:00 – 11:45 a.m., fans can go on the field for autographs from the team who will be seated at tables around the warning track.
– In pre-game ceremonies, the town of Auburn will be presented with a trophy and a championship banner for producing the highest turnout during nearly 20 “Town Takeovers” at Polar Park this season.
– After the game, players will sign soft baseballs and toss them into the stands.
– Furthermore, lucky fans selected at random during the game will return to the field as players give them “the shirts off their backs”.
– Once that is done, “Kids (young and old) Run the Bases” sponsored by HP Hood. – And finally, fans can play catch into the night on the outfield grass to cap off our final “Fallon Health Family Funday Sunday”. Thank you WooSox fans!