The Worcester Red Sox today announced the creation of WooSox Rewards, an all-new, all-encompassing, re-launched free fan loyalty program, presented by Window World, that allows fans to earn points that can be redeemed for prizes and unique experiences that can’t be bought anywhere else.
All members of the club’s current various affinity programs—the Worcester Red Sox Booster Club, the WooU Student Program, and the WooCrew presented by Shaw’s—are automatically enrolled and their accrued points carry over. New users will be able to join by downloading a new WooSox Rewards app on a date to be announced after the new year.
Offering a “low tech” option, the WooSox are also offering fans a free physical membership card by calling (508) 500-1000 or by emailing email@example.com. The cards will be available at home games, at the revamped “WooSox Rewards World Headquarters” to be located on the First Base Plaza.
“WooSox Rewards is bigger, better, and bolder,” said Red Sox Hall of Famer Larry Lucchino, the club’s principal owner and chairman. “We have spent some productive time imagining experiences you just can’t get anywhere else, and we think fans will find these rewards new, different, and cool.”
Fans earn points just for attending games and for purchasing food and drink, and can now enjoy a variety of gifts and experiences.
“The Top 100” ranges from as simple as a free ice cream or burger to a personalized WooSox jersey, autographed memorabilia, or throwing a Ceremonial First Pitch. Fans can also earn points to “skip the line” to meet a player in the Sherwood’s Diner, and fans can even earn free parking in the Players Lot for a game.
Among the experiences that fans can redeem are Larry Lucchino’s Dugout Seats at Fenway Park for a Red Sox game, watching fireworks on the field at Polar Park, and a Spring Training weekend trip to JetBlue Park in Fort Myers, FL.
Among the ways fans can earn points:
· For an easy start: Fans receive 100 points for attending Opening Weekend, Friday, March 31-April 2, 2023, when the WooSox face the Syracuse Mets (Triple-A, New York Mets) to open the season.
· For the rest of the home games in WooSox ’23, fans receive 20 points for each game they attend.
· In addition, fans receive one point for every dollar of Polar Park purchases of concessions and merchandise, including at Polar Park events and on off days. (Suite purchases are excluded.)
· Fans receive 40 points for attending a “Woof Woof Wednesday Night,” when fans are invited to bring their pooches to Polar Park. In addition, on Double Points Wednesdays, fans earn two points for every dollar spent on concessions and merchandise.
· The club also plans to invite fans to earn points by patronizing their partners and neighbors in the Canal District, with more information to be announced.
· Fans will also receive points for celebrating their birthdays—a point for each year.
There will be three tiers of membership, based on the number of points amassed each year. The tiers include special benefits that will be introduced in the future. The three tiers are Leadoff Hitters (who receive Bronze Cards), All-Star Members (who receive Silver Cards), and Hall of Fame Members (who receive Gold Cards).
Worcester Red Sox Booster Club Teammates, free WooCrew Members, and WooU Members are automatically enrolled in 2023 as Leadoff Hitters and their points carry over. New members also become Leadoff Hitters upon enrollment, and all enjoy early access to Polar Park during WooSox batting practice before applicable home games.
Worcester Red Sox Booster Club Leadoff Hitters and the paid tier of WooCrew Members receive automatic enrollment as All-Star Members in 2023 and their points carry over. Members enjoy a membership gift, early access to Polar Park during WooSox batting practice before applicable home games, and recognition on the field.
Worcester Red Sox Booster Club Hall of Famers and All-Stars receive automatic enrollment into this category in 2023 and their points carry over. Members enjoy a membership gift, early access to Polar Park during WooSox batting practice before applicable home games, recognition on the field, and an invitation to a reception with the leaders of the WooSox.
In addition, Full Season Ticket Members earn 500 points for enrolling into the new WooSox Rewards, Half Season Ticket Members receive 200 points, and Mini Plan Holders receive 50 points. Three Mini Plan options are now available at WooSox.com or by calling (508) 500-1000. Season Ticket Members will also continue to receive exclusive gifts and experiences.
Fans will be able to donate points to a friend or to a charity; details will be announced in the new year.
At the end of 2023, the fan to accrue the most points will be honored as “The Worcester Red Sox Fan of the Year.”
In their second season in Worcester, the WooSox led all of Minor League Baseball in tickets sold and sold out more than half of their 73 home games (42). A more extravagant fan loyalty program is just one of many ways the club plans to thank fans for their support.
The club will soon reveal a host of ballpark additions and improvements set in motion for WooSox ’23, as well as the 2023 promotional calendar. More information about WooSox Rewards will be shared in the months leading up to Opening Day March 31.
THE LIST OF THE HOT 100 NEW WOOSOX REWARDS (tentative)
(points necessary to redeem these prizes will be announced in the new year)
1. A cupcake on your birthday
2. Ice Cream
3. Cotton Candy
6. Chicken Tenders
7. WooSox Hat
8. One Free Item (from a selected menu) in the WooSox Baseball Store
9. Mystery Gift Bags
10. Gifts from Corporate Partners
11. Event with Players and Front Office (for a group of Rewards redeemers)
12. Personal Polar Park Tour
13. Skip the line for Run the Bases (WooCrew)
14. Scoreboard Messages
15. A Duck Boat Party for up to 10 children at a WooSox game—mascot visits, one hot dog, chips, cookies, and a Polar Beverage
16. On the field for BP (Batting Practice) sponsored by Shaw’s
17. WooSox Rewards hat
18. WooSox Rewards t-shirt
19. WooSox Rewards polo shirt
20. WooSox Rewards hoodie
21. Vintage Bobbleheads
22. Signed Vintage Bobbleheads
23. Play the instrument of your choice with the WooSox Band
24. Attend a WooSox DOG Meeting (a “Day of Game” front office preparation meeting)
25. Clean up the field after fireworks
26. A $100 merchandise shopping spree at the Team Store
27. 4 seats on the Worcester Wall for a game
28. Sit in 9 different seats in 9 different innings
29. Free tickets to a Polar Park Event of their choosing (from our menu)
30. DCU Club Pre-Game Buffet Dinner for 2 and tickets to the game
31. Pre-game ceremony with on-field recognition
32. Part of the group that says, “Play Ball!” on a select date
33. WooSox Rewards Member of the Game
34. VIP Tour for 4 of the Jimmy Fund
35. Lead the singing of “Sweet Caroline” on the Dugout Rooftop at a game
36. Party of 10 on the Fan Deck
37. Dining on the Diamond (for up to 10)
38. Lay the Bases on the field (for the first 5 who choose to redeem)
39. Grounds Crew SuperFan of the Day (shadow them)
40. Participate in T-Shirt Toss on the field between innings (and get one)
41. Ride the Blue Woo Shuttle as it presents the Game Ball to the Mound
42. Ride the Diamond Auto truck that circles the field between innings
43. Piggy Bank Pursuit on the field between innings
44. National Grid Power Hitter or Power Kid between innings
45. Polar Pong participant on the field between innings
46. Table Talk Pie in the Sky participant between innings
47. Wave the “WooSox Win” flag with Smiley Ball after a win
48. Junior Announcer on the PA System for a half-inning
49. Private Suite for 10 for a scheduled Polar Park Movie Night
50. 1 inning in the Control Room (with your name on the scoreboard)
51. 2 innings in the Broadcast Booth
52. 3 innings in the Photo Pit
53. Pick the song of the day and hit the button to play with the DJ
54. Mascot visits you in your home or school
55. Autographed Baseball
56. Photo with a player
57. Skip the Line to meet a player in the Diner
58. Shagging Flies during BP
59. Present the Game Ball to the Mound
60. Dress as an Umpire and Call the Ceremonial First Pitch
61. Ceremonial First Pitch
62. Personalized WooSox Jerseys
63. Game Worn Batting Gloves
64. Game Worn Jerseys
65. Game Used Broken Bats
66. Honorary Batboy/Batgirl
67. WooSox Tee Time–3 swings at a baseball on a tee at home plate before the game
68. 4 tickets to a game at Fenway Park
69. Clubhouse Tours
70. Robin Hood Program—last-minute upgrade to Dugout Seats
71. 5 tickets to President’s Suite on a mutually agreeable date
72. Watch a game in the Press Box
73. Unofficial Official Scorer for a Game
74. Attend Manager’s Press Conference before a game
75. Take Batting Practice on the field (non game day)
76. Shag Flies on the field (non game day)
77. Watch fireworks from the field
78. Play catch with a WooSox Player
79. Get a Shirt off the Back of a Player on the last day
80. Personalized bat
81. Dinner for 4 with a WooSox Player
82. Sideline reporter guest
83. Coach for a day—wear the uniform and assist WooSox Coaches
84. Clubbie for a day—work in the Clubhouse
85. WooSox Lunch Box (lunch at Polar Park with a player)
86. WooSox Lunch Box with the Chairman or President
87. Pre-game Dinner in the Board Room for 15
88. Dress as the mascot
89. Down in Front—5 front row seats behind home plate
90. Take the Field with the Players
91. Dinner and a game with Larry Lucchino in Suite 14
92. Dinner and a game without Larry Lucchino in Suite 14
93. Catch a pitch—Catching a WooSox Pitcher in BP
94. Face the Ace—Take your swings against a WooSox player or coach
95. Travel to see the WooSox on the Road (transportation, hotel, and tickets)
96. Free Parking for a game in the Players Parking Lot
97. Interview the Player of the Game on the Field
98. Game at Fenway Park in LL’s seats
99. Trip to Triple-A Championship Game (2022’s was in Las Vegas)1
100. Trip for Two for a Spring Training Weekend